Huisje wel tevree Huisje wel tevree
Waar vrije meningsuiting kan.

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

LOS ANGELES -- Commissioner Don Garber thought he knew what

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Huisje wel tevree -> Voetbal
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 15-06-2019 05:47:27    Onderwerp: LOS ANGELES -- Commissioner Don Garber thought he knew what Reageren met citaat

LOS ANGELES -- Commissioner Don Garber thought he knew what Major League Soccer was getting into when the Los Angeles Galaxy signed David Beckham more than four years ago. Red Wizards Jerseys . Garber now realizes he had no idea what the Beckham Experience would mean for his fledgling league. A few days before Beckham plays for his first MLS title in the final days of his Galaxy contract, Garber says the league doesnt regret inviting the English superstar to become the face of MLS in 2007. "I underestimated the power of his celebrity by a long shot," Garber said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I think we underestimated the challenge of (Beckham) playing for England, and we didnt expect his desire to go out on loan (to AC Milan). But I also totally underestimated how hardworking and tough he is. He will play through injury and fatigue. That warrior-like mentality was like nobody expected in MLS. This guy wants to win, and hell do anything. Hes been great for our league and for our game." Garber spoke at length about MLS past while outlining his goals for the leagues future, from an expansion franchise in the New York area to the growing role of supporters in MLS competitive culture. Hes also hoping the Beckham experience lasts for at least another year, putting his weight behind the Galaxys bid to persuade Beckham to stick around after his best MLS season concludes this year. "I find it amusing that when David came into the league five years ago, many sports media pundits were saying how much hes over the hill," Garber said of Beckham, whose services are coveted by Paris Saint-Germain and a handful of British clubs. "You dont hear that any more, and this is five years later." Garber also is happy about the Galaxys serendipitous appearance in the MLS Cup on Sunday on their home field. Los Angeles faces the Houston Dynamo on Sunday at Home Depot Center. "At times Im almost envious of other leagues championships when it ends up with a dream matchup," Garber said, citing the recent appearances of marquee franchises such as the Yankees, Lakers and Packers in other sports championship contests. "Those matchups always seem to deliver greater value to their league in the years to come, and we have not really experienced that." The Galaxy are playing the final in their home stadium, just the third time thats happened in MLS 16 seasons. A similar coincidence boosted the popularity of the New England Revolution in 2002, even though they lost the league title to Los Angeles at home. Garber confirmed MLS is likely to change the championship format soon from a neutral-site game to a championship matchup at the home of the highest-seeded club. "Theres something much more special when the home team is involved," he said, suggesting the league will consider additional changes to the playoff format in the off-season. With exponential growth in attendance and television exposure this season, along with a 19th franchise joining the league in Montreal next year, its clear MLS is making progress in the long-growth strategy Garber has espoused since moving to MLS in 1999 from a job with the NFL. Yet Garber also feels the leagues 35 designated-player signings have been crucial to its growth into a reputable league. "Its hard for any young, emerging business to not be guilty at times of overhype," Garber said. "While at times I regret how hyped we were when Freddy Adu came into the league (in 2004) or when David came in, I dont regret the excitement that David created by coming in. I had the expectation that MLS would become more popular, that wed see improved ratings and a different attitude." MLS television ratings rose on each of its platforms this season, and attendance grew more than 7 per cent. MLS will appear on the new NBC Sports network next year in a lucrative deal, and the Galaxy announced a reported 10-year, $55 million deal with Time Warner Cable Sports new network on Friday -- a tenfold increase on its last deal. Merchandise sales also are up, driven by the new layer of star players and MLS attention to eye-catching design with an international flair. Yet Garber said hes most pleased by the growth of what he calls "the supporter culture" around each team. From Seattle to Philadelphia, MLS fans are emulating the involved attention given to soccer clubs on other continents in increasing numbers -- and in surprising ways. "When youre a fan of other major leagues in America, the experience is somewhat similar," Garber said. "Youre in a bright facility and youre watching your team, but there is an institutionalization of sport that in many ways forced the fan to be an observer more than a participant. In soccer, the fan is that third key constituency. Weve even seen the downside of that, but thats very positive for us today. Thats what we want to instil and create in our fans." Garber is pleased to see a proliferation of "20- to 30-year-old hipsters" in MLS crowds, wearing team garb and reveling in a sporting pursuit with a different flavour than the standard American sports enthusiast. Garbers passion for stirring fan support is the main reason MLS is focused on putting its 20th franchise in the New York area. The commissioner scoffed at recent reports that the New York expansion plan had stumbled, insisting the league will figure out a plan to create a natural rival for the Red Bulls. "We believe that big markets need rivalries," Garber said. "If we truly are engaged in the unique dynamic that drives our sport, inner-city rivalries are a big part of driving fan passion." Jason Smith Jersey . The Detroit Tigers star had microfracture surgery Friday to repair the medial and lateral meniscus in his left knee. "I dont want to say it was a surprise," team president and general manager Dave Dombrowski said. Ian Mahinmi Jersey . The Rainbow FlickNext up is the Rainbow Flick, or as you probably know it, the trick that everybody at soccer camp thought they knew how to do. http://www.cheapwizardsjerseys.com/ . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video.EDMONTON -- Edgars Kulda scored in overtime as the Edmonton Oil Kings held off the Brandon Wheat Kings 5-4 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday. Henrik Samuelsson scored twice for Edmonton (24-12-1), with singles coming from Luke Bertolucci and Brandon Ralph. Ryan Pulock, Rihards Bukarts, Peter Quenneville and Tanner Kaspick scored for Brandon (20-15-4). Oil Kings goalie Tristan Jarry stopped 22 shots, while at the other end of the ice Curtis Honey made 33 saves. --- WARRIORS 4 RAIDERS 3 MOOSE JAW, Sask. -- Jesse Forsberg scored with less than five minutes left to lift the Warriors past Prince Albert. Brayden Point scored twice with Scott Cooke adding another for Moose Jaw (12-22-6). Reid Gardiner, Chance Braid and Carson Perreaux, with a short-handed goal, each scored for the Raiders (20-17-2). Warriors goalie Justin Paulic stopped 29 shots. Cole Cheveldave meanwhile made 33 saves for the Raiders. --- ROYALS 3 SILVERTIPS 2 EVERETT, Wash. -- Ben Walker scored a power-play goal in the final minute of regulation as Victoria eked out a road win. Steven Hodges and Taylor Crunk also scored for the Royals (26-13-2). Patrick Bajkov and Logan Aasman replied for the Silvertips (23-12-4). Victoria was helped out with 32 saves by Patrik Polivka, while Austin Lotz allowed all three goals on 21 shots in net for Everett. --- BLAZERS 7 THUNDERBIRDS 1 SEATTLE -- Cole Ully had a paair of goals for Kamloops in a rout of the Thunderbirds. Markieff Morris Jersey. Joe Kornelsen, Collin Shirley, Tyson Ness, Ryan Rehill and Mitch Lipon also scored for the Blazers (10-25-4), with Kornelson and Lipons coming shorthanded. Branden Troock provided Seattle (22-11-5) with its only goal in the third period. Taran Kozun finished with 33 saves for the Blazers. Justin Myles and Danny Mumaugh combined to stop 30-of-37 shots at the other end of the ice. --- CHIEFS 4 AMERICANS 2 KENNEWICK, Wash. -- Mitch Holmberg scored twice to help Spokane double Tri-City. Riley Whittingham and Colton Bobyk added singles for the Chiefs (23-13-2). Lucas Nickles and Brian Williams replied for the Americans (17-18-4). Eric Williams was solid with 32 saves for Spokane, while Eric Comrie did what he could with 36 stops in net for Tri-City. --- ROCKETS 9 WINTERHAWKS 3 PORTLAND, Ore. -- League-leading Kelowna won its 15th straight game while humiliating the defending WHL champions. Rourke Chartier scored twice for the Rockets (31-3-2), with singles coming from Madison Bowey, Damon Severson, Zach Franko, Carter Rigby, Tyrell Goulbourne, Justin Kirkland and Myles Bell. Chase De Leo had a pair of goals for the Winterhawks (25-9-4), while Alex Schoenborn added one. Jordon Cooke stopped 29 shots for Kelowna. In Portlands net, Brendan Burke and Jarrod Schamerhorn combined to make 31 saves. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Huisje wel tevree -> Voetbal Tijden zijn in GMT + 4 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: